It seems that our country has fallen into further chaos and uncertainty. Throughout this year, we’ve had to figure out how to continue helping clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. And now, our country is falling into further chaos with protests and violence.
Creating sacred space in your practice during times like these is more essential than ever before. And your clients will certainly appreciate you providing grounding exercises and peace in an otherwise hectic time.
If you’re looking for some excellent ways to produce peace for your clients amidst uncertainty, you can try out some of the below methods.
1. Golden Orb Meditation
Breathwork and visualization are always great for refocusing and getting rid of anxiety. It’s very helpful to do when dealing with any stressful situation to improve your feelings of stability.
Here are some steps that you can follow to create a grounding meditation for your client:
- Have your client sit or lay down.
- Ask them to close their eyes
- Ask your client to imagine a golden ball of light at the center of their heart.
- This golden orb feel warmth, comforting and protective.
- Have them inhale for 3 counts and then exhale for 3 counts.
- With each inhale the orbit grows bigger and bigger until the orb encompasses their bodies, then the room around them.
- Keep repeating the counting alongside the breathwork to help them focus.
- Every time their thoughts wander from their breath, bring their awareness back to their breathwork.
- When you bodywork is over, have your client imagine this golden orb shirk smaller and smaller until it contracts back into their heart.
2. “Peace Begins With Me” Mantra
Whether you’re seeing clients on the table or just over the internet due to social distancing, this mantra is another excellent technique to help bring in calmness.
You and your clients can use this mantra to support and facilitate peaceful feelings. To begin the mantra, place your hands on your lap with your index finger and thumb touching.
As you say each of the following words, you’ll place your thumb against one finger at a time:
- When you touch your index finger, say “PEACE”.
- When you reach your middle finger, say “BEGINS”.
- When you reach your ring finger, say “WITH”.
- When you reach your pinky finger, say “ME”.
This mantra works best when repeated 3 or more times. Feel free to take it as slowly or quickly as is comfortable for you and your client.
It’s good to encourage your clients to return to this mantra whenever they begin to feel stressed. The more frequently you or your client goes through this mantra, it will feel more believable and be more effective.
Smells can have a lot more of an emotional impact on us than we may think. And they can be super helpful in creating sacred space for clients.
Here are some essential oil scents that engender feelings of peace:
- Ylang Ylang
Some brands even have blends to help bring inner peace! Or you could also create your own mixtures of oils for a unique but equally relaxing scent.
When it comes to aromatherapy, there are so many options for how you could implement it in your practice. For example, if you’ve re-opened shop already, you could have an essential oil diffuser going. Or you could even use oils to make custom self-care products such as lotions or calming roll-ons.
4. Suggest Regular Services
Many of your clients might already be participating in some of your pre-paid services. Perhaps this is through a package deal or membership. Now might be a great time to see if those same clients would like to sign up for some extra help with relaxation.
It’s essential to assuage any concerns that your clients may have during this time. A great way of doing so is making sure they know that you can provide additional support regularly until the state of the world returns to normal. Making sure that clients know you are available for support and that the extra help can be a temporary situation will help your clients get the support they need.
In times of uncertainty, having a sense of stability, regularity, and peace is crucial for so many. And you can be someone who helps provide that for those in need during this time.
While the state of the world can seem scary to many right now, you have the power to help others through it. By following the above methods when working with clients, you and your clients will begin to feel much safer and calmer despite the uncertainty.
Things will eventually return to normal. But while we wait for everything to blow over and change for the better, we have to stay calm and patient.